Feels so good to receive my first Blogging award. Thanks a lot to Swav, for nominating me. Swav from Ireland, with his blog site Paintings by Swav, had nominated me in the month of October for The Liebster Award. I am glad you liked my work.
I know i am late in posting this award on my site and in continuing with the tradition of nominating more bloggers for this award. However i will keep the flames of this tradition alive and kicking. 🙂
Swav says, “This award is mostly for fun purposes and networking to discover new blogs of the blogosphere“.
Below are few rules for accepting the Liebster Award
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the fellow blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself. (Let us know some secrets 🙂
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 WordPress followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
So, here goes 11 random facts about me
1. I always have difficulty writing the first sentence because i believe that my opening line should be a very good one. But once i am satisfied with it, i enjoy further.
2. Reading the novels of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in schools, i dreamt of becoming like Sherlock Holmes in my life. (One day, i will visit 221B Baker Street)
3. Very often, i am curious to know what’s running in another person’s mind. So, please be aware of me, i like reading your mind. Do let me know your thoughts on this post, else.. 🙂
4. I am very fascinated with train journeys, looking out of the window and enjoying my time passing by the rails. I wish i can journey the entire world in trains.
5. Traveling gives me abundance of satisfaction. Right from the planning phase of it till the execution, i am mostly like a child – filled with joy and excitement. My wife says, i have wheels attached to my legs. And now, rather than having home decors, we have a huge world map on our home wall.
6. When i am traveling, i can walk continuously for long stretches, without a stop, and live without food for long hours (sometimes, even 12-16 hours). But when i am not traveling (like, at home or office), i get hungry soon and eat every 2-3 hours 🙂
7. Before i die, i want to travel to all the countries of the world and prove to the world that look, wherever you go, people across the world in all the places remain same. They all experience similar kind of joy, similar kinds of things make them sad and anxious. (A mother will always be anxious for her children, in whichever culture you go to. A hug will always ease off your tensions and worries. A child’s eyes will very often twinkle at the sight of a chocolate. You will always remember your first kiss and find joy in it. And many more ….. )
8. Aashayein Foundation, the NGO which i co-founded with my friends, changed my life forever. It is like my first child. (And did i say my camera the second child! My wife listening, is she really? )
9. I believe that whatever happens in life, happens for good and with a reason. If you wait for few years and reflect back at the incidents in your life, you will realize the reasons as to why it happened in that particular manner only. And live peacefully, forever.
10. I do not know how to make a cup of tea or coffee.
11. I love talking to strangers because they don’t know me. (My mom never told me not to talk to strangers)
Whoa! Do you think you know me more now? Hmmm….. Thanks for your efforts all these days to read my blogs, and provide me with your constant feedback and your support. Do continue that. 🙂
Without you, my blogs are mere words in Times Roman,
but with you, my blogs have colors and wings to fly.
Now it’s time for my list of nominees (Drumroll and Bugles, please….)
(Not sure of the no. of followers though, but i wanted to nominate them)
Here are the answers to the questions asked by Swav in his nomination post.
1. What is your favorite outdoor activity? Traveling and photography
2. What is your best photo taken so far? It has to be my click of Toledo, Spain. In the morning, i was on my way to the railway station, when i saw the view of the old city perched up on the hill with the bridge and river in the foreground. It looked really very amazing from this particular location. The shot came really well, finally.
3. What is your current best song? Its a gazal of Jagjit Singh, one of my favorites – ‘Tumko Dekha to Ye Khayal Aaya’.
4. What is your favorite room in your house/apartment? My study room, where i can contemplate deeply without any disturbance.
5. What is your favorite holiday/special event to celebrate? My birthday and marriage anniversary, coz both dates fall close by. And that’s the time to plan for a memorable trip.
6. Where would you like to go for the adventure of a lifetime? Antarctica
7. What is your favorite season of the year? Spring coz of weather and few events
8. What is your favorite type of music, that makes you moving/dancing? Any music with good beats (and few drinks gulped down), is all i need to dance.
9. What is your favorite activity that you remember from your early days/childhood? Singing for school choir, and in various school & college competitions and events
10. If your inner talent would speak out or play a song, what kind of song would it be? A Jagjit Singh gazal. I am such a huge fan of his gazals. I love singing his gazals.
11. What is your favorite quote/motto, that gives you wings? Drink Life to its Lees by Lord Alfred Tennyson in the poem Ulysses
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees of The Liebster Award! Go for them..
1. Where was your most memorable trip / vacation?
2. Which is the book that you read, inspired you the most?
3. What is your favorite pastime / activity when you are alone?
4. What would you like to do if you win a million dollar in a blogging / photography or any contest?
5. What is your favorite food / dish?
6. Which is your favorite city that you have traveled to or wish to travel in future?
7. Which is your favorite horror movie?
8. Who is your favorite personality / character from the history of the world?
9. Which invention / discovery do you think changed the face of the world?
10. What / who would you like to be born as, in your next birth (reincarnation)?
11. Which is the best photo shot by you so far?
PS The badge of The Liebster Award at the top of the post has been beautifully created by Swav. If you would like to use it on your blog, feel free to do so.