“You make your fears vanish and what takes their
place are your dreams. ”
– David Copperfield
This is the concluding line of an essay David Copperfield, the famous American illusionist and magician, wrote in the August 2015 edition of Maxim magazine. Read the full essay here.
I really enjoyed reading this piece where he talks about the act of vanishing and ephemeral character of life. He says, “the vanish is a metaphor. Everything disappears. Youth, health, life itself. Bad times and good. The world revolves, gravity holds, things vanish. Impermanence is one of the big, hard lessons”. This is one of the profoundest truth of our existence which we always tend to disbelieve in, and instead think that we will never vanish from the face of this earth. Unlike magic, life once vanished will not reappear from the depths of a magic box or from amidst the audience. So, the wisest act is to live this one life to the fullest, “live the impossible” and “fight for your dreams”.
Magic is something which enthralls and gets everyone in awe. Similarly, life too surprises and fascinates with its beautiful secrets. For me, indulging in things which i love most is key on the path to happiness. What unlocks your door to joy? Do let us know.
(I clicked this art work in the famous Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía of Madrid when i visited it in 2012. )
This post is my first contribution for the ‘3-day 3-Quote Challenge’, for which i was invited by my fellow blogger Moon Roy of FootLooseForever. Let me thank her for this beautiful invitation. You must visit her travel blogs where she walks you up to an unending journey into the vistas laced with culture, nature and warmth. Recently, she was on a trip to Bhutan, one of the happiest countries on the earth, and i am certain you too will experience that joy on reading her travel memoirs. So, strap your buckle and take a dive!!!
Rules for the challenge
- Post your three favorite quotes, one on each day for three consecutive days. The quote could be from any book, author or your own quote.
- Tag three other bloggers with each post to challenge them.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
So, let me invite my three blogger friends.
1. Carmen – Con Mucho Garbo – She writes in Spanish, and often posts quality content from good sites for her readers. I enjoy her photographs (including vintage photos) and the variety of topics she writes on.
2. Amara Aziz – who writes about ‘dreaming big’. Her prose and poems with certain philosophical tone touch the inner chords of heart. You can also enjoy some of her beautifully composed paintings and sketches.
3. Le Drake Noir – This Danish blogger has an amazing blog site. You will love the variety of amazingly composed photographs and travel writings on this site. I am eagerly waiting to read selected quotes by this writer. (I am so sorry i do not know your name despite searching your blog pages)
Hope you three accept the challenge and enjoy sharing your favorite quotes 🙂